June 15, 2020
To Help you Pray this month for your Local Mosque Community
John 15: 13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
One of the fruitful practices is friendship. I have been walking alongside a Muslim friend for some time now. Jesus tells us to love one another and that greater love has no one than this - to lay down his life for his friends.
Research shows that one of the factors in Muslims accepting Christ as Saviour is having a Christian friend over the long term. Being friends first is what counts. Then God can work his gracious ways through us.
In that light let's:
- Pray for friendships to develop between Christians and Muslims, and for pastors and Imams to become friends.
- Pray for us to really hear the other through friendship, to understand the other, to be on the side of those who have been hurt and oppressed.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to open up minds to good discussions and understanding.
- Pray for God's word to be a part of such friendships.
- Pray for Christ's work on the cross, that has already overcome sin and hate, to help us to love our friends and even our enemies.