April 3, 2021
To Help you Pray this month for your Local Mosque Community.
I was born into a nominal Muslim family in Hong Kong. I met Jesus through the witness of my husband who became a Christian 8 years after we arrived in Canada. I invited Jesus into my heart on the day of my husband’s baptism.
After I became a Christian, the Lord put a burden on my heart to pray for Muslims, in particular those living in North Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt) and also for North African immigrants living in France. As a result of these prayers, the Lord sent me to France for five years to reach out to these immigrants. Now that I’m back in Canada I continue to share God’s love and His good news with Muslim immigrants and refugees.
“Ah, Lord God ! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for you.” Jeremiah 32:17
- Pray for Muslim immigrants and refugees to experience God’s love and acceptance through Christians.
- Pray that they will encounter God’s truth through the media (Christian websites, television and radio programs). May His truth set them free !
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will hover over the darkness of their lives and that His light will dispel the darkness. Pray that the veil will be taken off their hearts. The stronghold of Islam will be destroyed. Bondages will be broken. They will be overcome by the love of Christ.
- Pray for them to have the courage to renounce Islam in spite of potential persecution and rejection by family and friends.
- Pray that our churches will open their doors to Muslims and that any fear will be replaced by compassion and fear of God.
- Pray against any potential incidents of Islamophobia and racism.
- Pray for integration and assimilation of Muslims into Canadian society. Pray that they will feel welcome in Canada.