September 1, 2021
I was born into a Muslim family in Afghanistan. I was a practising and devoted Muslim for the first two and half decades of my life. I went through Islamic religious classes for three years so that I could officially be an Imam. But that was when God opened my spiritual eyes and I met Jesus in my heart—while I was doing my higher Islamic studies in Pakistan.
After finishing my higher education, I returned to Afghanistan where I lived as a secret Christian for almost four years. My wife and I had escaped to India when my own family members and relatives threatened my life when they found the portions of the New Testament that I had printed and hidden in my home. We left everything behind to follow the Lord’s will for our lives and lived as refugees in India for almost nine years.
In India, I had the opportunity to go to Bible College for three years and to plant an Afghan church. I served as the leader of the Afghan Christian Refugees Community, a radio producer with TWR India, and audio interpreter for ISO ministries. I also founded a Christian Charity under the name of “Dari Fellowship of India.”
The Afghan church and I were badly persecuted by the Muslim community in New Delhi, India. Since India is not a signatory of the refugee convention, it was not a safe haven for me, and my family and I had to leave India and we came to Canada though a Canadian church's sponsorship in 2015.
After arriving in Canada, I partnered with the Jesus Network, with whom I planted a new church in Mississauga, the Afghan Church of the GTA. I also joined their outreach in Toronto and other areas across the GTA.
My vision is to reach out to Muslims, especially those who speak Farsi, Dari, Hazaragi, Pashto, Tajiki, Urdu, Hindi, and English languages. My main mission is to grow the Afghan church in the GTA. I considers it a great, wonderful pleasure and an honour to serve Lord Jesus under the Jesus Network.
The Afghan Church of the GTA is (to our knowledge) the first Afghan church in Canada. It holds regular worship services and meetings in Mississauga and Scarborough (now online due to COVID). ACGTA is a separate charity and entity from The Jesus Network. The Jesus Network works in close partnership with me in supporting the ACGTA and its outreach to Afghans, Iranians, and Tajiks who live in the GTA beyond the Jesus Network's main neighbourhoods of focus.
The Afghan Church of the GTA is sponsoring refugees from Afghanistan.
Donations given online through CanadaHelps will be disbursed to ACGTA; and receipted by CanadaHelps. Donations given directly to the ACGTA will be receipted by the ACGTA.
Please click HERE if you want to give to the refugee fund online.
- Pray for believers, both Afghani and expats living in the country. That our brothers and sisters would know His presence with them, for the right kind of boldness, and discernment to know what to do.
- Pray for the Afghan people. That many Afghans who are facing increasing turmoil are able to hear the good news that God loves them and find their hope and future in surrendering their lives to Jesus Christ.
- Pray for ministries that are actively engaging with Afghan people to be creative in engaging in ministry during these turbulent days.
- Pray for the Taliban. These zealots are loved by God. Pray that many will become dismayed at their own behaviour and put down their weapons to serve the Prince of Peace.
- Pray for us to reach our goal to raise $500,000 to support 20 refugee families to come to Canada.